Masonite - Cant get it right even the second time!
We ordered a glass door with two sidelight panels.We paid extra to have a custom size door made as our jam was 3/4 in short of a standard size.
When the door arrived it was beautiful and exactly what we hoped it would be, however the holes for the door handle were not drilled at the standard 36" but at 32". The hole for the dead bolt was where the door handle should have been. After going around and around with Lowes they re-ordered it (the Lowes guy also ordered it an additional inch too short so we needed to get that additional inch in height and adjust the location/height of the handle. ) When the second door arrived they added the inch on top but the hole for the handle was still at 32 ".
Masonlite couldn't even get it right the second time. At this point Lowes washed their hands of it/us and Masonite won't stand behind their product.
It looks silly when you look at the low door handle next to the handle on the screen door- a good 4 inches higher.We need to replace a couple more exterior doors as well as all interior doors and will avoid this company like the plague!!
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- Love the look of my new door
What I disliked
- Reason of review:
- did not meet expectation
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Masonite Fiberglass Entry Door
- Review category
- Building Products
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Applied Behr Deck Over to new deck following instructions to the letter. 1 year later it is peeling in stripsThis year it is even worse. . We didn't even put..."
- "When my dad said he was paying over 2k for two upper runs & a downspout I tried to talk him out of it, but he wanted our house to..."
- "These door are bull ***...i paid 400 dollars for. A SECURITY door that had a 1000 break in warranty. ..beware they only cover if they burglars break threw the glass....they..."
- "I bought products from this company from a vendor they had in the mall. I spent $129 which was a 'great deal' but, after testing the products I thought why..."
- "Jeld Wen did not reply to several emails requesting assistance in locating replacement parts for their bifold doors. Multiple Emails were sent to Customer Service via the company website submission..."
- "So, like many Americans, I took part in Black Friday. While stocking up on various items, I went to the skinstore.com to get some face lotion (Epionce Renewal Facial Lotion)..."
- " Public published review 12/27/16 There are several people who have been able to get produce from Kroger's after their mark down price because they just throw it all away..."
- "I would advise you to shop elsewhere. Rite Rug has great sales people but their customer service is terrible. We had trouble with our grout cracking. They sent a repair..."