Masonite - Cant get it right even the second time!
We ordered a glass door with two sidelight panels.We paid extra to have a custom size door made as our jam was 3/4 in short of a standard size.
When the door arrived it was beautiful and exactly what we hoped it would be, however the holes for the door handle were not drilled at the standard 36" but at 32". The hole for the dead bolt was where the door handle should have been. After going around and around with Lowes they re-ordered it (the Lowes guy also ordered it an additional inch too short so we needed to get that additional inch in height and adjust the location/height of the handle. ) When the second door arrived they added the inch on top but the hole for the handle was still at 32 ".
Masonlite couldn't even get it right the second time. At this point Lowes washed their hands of it/us and Masonite won't stand behind their product.
It looks silly when you look at the low door handle next to the handle on the screen door- a good 4 inches higher.We need to replace a couple more exterior doors as well as all interior doors and will avoid this company like the plague!!
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- Love the look of my new door
What I disliked
- Reason of review:
- did not meet expectation
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Masonite Fiberglass Entry Door
- Review category
- Building Products
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a Masonite door from Home Depot and installed it in my home. It is a 3-panel metal door with a ¾ oval leaded glass. It is..."
- "I used Behr Deckover on my deck last fall and it is peeling all over the place. It took me months to apply waiting for cool weather and no..."
- "Marvin Windows are ***. Window's 11 years old have rotted frames. I've had a Marvin installer inspect the installation and was told that they were installed correctly. Not only has..."
- "I'd like to bring to your attention a service and product quality breakdown (both of these). Last week I took my mother-in-law to your store because I happened to be..."
- "What a rip! Ordered beautiful arrangement from what I thought was a “family owned business”. The arrangement was delivered on time. The service train crashes at this..."
- "You are selling a product called syringe pens. In light of all of the heroin overdoses it is highly inappropriate. Its one thing for a doctor to use it as..."
- "Stc 20 real voucher number damage ..."
- "Bought through Costco, $1400 on 9/25/14..... always some issue, rebooting all the time... Well, last Saturday 12/3/16, the NVR was making a grinding noise. I removed the cover and turned..."
- "Last night, my wife and I attempted to book a flight for an upcoming trip for 6 members of our family using Orbitz.com. We entered all of the information for..."