Update added by user Jul 27
As a homeowner and a licensed contractor, I urge you to NOT buy a Masonite door.
Original review posted by user Jul 27
I purchased a Masonite door from Home Depot and installed it in my home. It is a 3-panel metal door with a ¾ oval leaded glass. It is used daily and the leaded glass which is sandwiched between two other sheets of glass has collapsed and pieces lay in a pile at the bottom of the window. The drywall is not even completed yet ( I took a break) so it is definitely within the ten-year warranty range but Masonite will not even talk to me without receipt – which I cannot find.
Even if I could get another piece of glass I fully expect to have this poorly constructed, inner leaded glass collapse again. What a shame.
Not to mention that the jam is *** as well. Each side is made from many pieces of wood and glued together. Then it is covered with a plaster-type of product to hide this. The plaster cracks and chips off exposing the wood to the elements.
Do yourself a favor and buy a better door – buying Masonite is like having a hole in your pocket.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
You May Also Like
- "The lock and latch system on the Larson Security Storm door is contrary to safe opening panic latches. I had a Larson Security Storm door installed in September, 2015. The..."
- "We had Congoleum tile professionally installed, because it was advertised as having superior durability. What a joke! This stuff breaks, dents, and chips more easily than any other tile I've..."
- "We ordered a glass door with two sidelight panels. We paid extra to have a custom size door made as our jam was 3/4 in short of a standard size...."
- "Denied - for no reason. I meet all of their requirements but was denied a membership. I gave them my social security number, address, photo of my license, photo of..."
- "Please look att the video store number is 203the maneger ther waz so und call for morris waz so rude order took 40min there waz no body in the lobby..."
- "DO NOT USE AVA'S FLOWERS IN LOCKPORT, IL! First photo is what is advertised online. Next photos is what I got. Roses are already turning brown, ..."
- "As an adult I developed sensitive teeth and erosion of my enamel due to antibiotic use. I had been using Pronamel for about a year with no issues. Well I..."
- "Please refer to the attaching photo with the purse I bought at USA about 3 years ago by US$ 218.00, however I am really disappointed that the quality of..."
- "We ordered in July and did not get till 10-21-2016 Was supposed to be like the 2016's with some new additions. We picked up, no storage, white flooring,..."