Masonite Decorative Glass Collapses

2 of 9 Masonite reviews

Update added by user Jul 27

As a homeowner and a licensed contractor, I urge you to NOT buy a Masonite door.

Original review posted by user Jul 27

I purchased a Masonite door from Home Depot and installed it in my home. It is a 3-panel metal door with a ¾ oval leaded glass. It is used daily and the leaded glass which is sandwiched between two other sheets of glass has collapsed and pieces lay in a pile at the bottom of the window. The drywall is not even completed yet ( I took a break) so it is definitely within the ten-year warranty range but Masonite will not even talk to me without receipt – which I cannot find.

Even if I could get another piece of glass I fully expect to have this poorly constructed, inner leaded glass collapse again. What a shame.

Not to mention that the jam is *** as well. Each side is made from many pieces of wood and glued together. Then it is covered with a plaster-type of product to hide this. The plaster cracks and chips off exposing the wood to the elements.

Do yourself a favor and buy a better door – buying Masonite is like having a hole in your pocket.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Quality

Reason of review:
Warranty issue
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Masonite Exterior Door
Review category
Building Products
review #889569 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Masonite? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
2 of 9 Masonite reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.