1.3

Update by user Jul 27, 2016

As a homeowner and a licensed contractor, I urge you to NOT buy a Masonite door.

Original review posted by user Jul 27, 2016

I purchased a Masonite door from Home Depot and installed it in my home. It is a 3-panel metal door with a ¾ oval leaded glass. It is used daily and the leaded glass which is sandwiched between two other sheets of glass has collapsed and pieces lay in a pile at the bottom of the window. The drywall is not even completed yet ( I took a break) so it is definitely within the ten-year warranty range but Masonite will not even talk to me without receipt – which I cannot find.

Even if I could get another piece of glass I fully expect to have this poorly constructed, inner leaded glass collapse again. What a shame.

Not to mention that the jam is *** as well. Each side is made from many pieces of wood and glued together. Then it is covered with a plaster-type of product to hide this. The plaster cracks and chips off exposing the wood to the elements.

Do yourself a favor and buy a better door – buying Masonite is like having a hole in your pocket.

This person wrote the review because of warranty issue of masonite door from Masonite and attached photo s. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $1000 and wants Masonite to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was warranty and quality. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Masonite for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Masonite?

Comments

Los Angeles, California, United States #1218607

Masonite replaced my door free of charge. contact them directly. We had a good experience with them.